DRS Strong Week 20- what does max out week mean?
Written by Rosario Rios Aguilar on 08 February 2015.
“When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation and drive.” –Arsene Wenger
It is very important to establish what MAX OUT week means for each person. For us, MAX OUT week means that each one of you has worked extremely hard day in and day out to see if you have met your goals. It also means that the programming has done its job to cover several skills not just strength. For some of you it might mean, higher numbers in your lifts. For some of you it might mean better running times, or being better at gymnastics like pull-ups or toes to bars. But I do want to take the time and say that as long as you are showing up and getting better on any specific area whether is performance or just being healthier and injury free can mean you already are better than yesterday! That is a huge goal for us at DRS! Every one has different goals and needs specific attention. We all have a common goal, which is to be healthier and stronger to be able to enjoy our Sport and life to the fullest.
This week and next week is MAX OUT WEEK. What does this mean?? It means several things:
1.You all have been working very hard and have been as consistent as you can in showing up and doing the best you can for that day.
2. There were new percentages that had to be met from the last cycle. Meeting those demands on sets and repetitions was not always easy and enjoyable, but it has made every single person stronger.
3. Progressions were made since last cycle (6 weeks ago). Some of you will experience and increase in numbers, times and/or a consistency through out your lifts.
4. There will be new lifts in this testing cycle for example Hang Power Clean, Push Press and Back Squat.
5. I will be testing your running, gymnastics and rowing.
6. There will be your original lifts, front squats, strict press and overhead squat. All these movements will be spread out through out the two weeks so you can continue to get a workout in during both weeks as well as get enough recovery between lifts.
7. You will not test on your Deadlift or Snatch Grip Deadlift. If you are wondering why, well its because we have been working on the Snatch Grip Deadlift to get stronger on the Olympic Lifts we will be introducing such as the Power Snatch and most of you need more practice is such new lift before maxing out. In my opinion, you do not need to max out on the Snatch Grip deadlift once you know your Snatch number.
8. It is important to show up daily if you can to be able to do the workouts not just the max out lifts.
9. Some of you will actually get to max out because you have been working hard to develop your technique in order to do the movement correctly.
10. To piggy back on the last point, I am very happy to see that all of you want to have longevity for your fitness path and are very coachable and patient on new or challenging movements.
11. Dont forget to fuel your body the proper nutrients, especially during this demanding time. California Creationz has been extremely helpful for a lot of us. Thank you!
Thank you to all of you that trust the process and continue to work hard day in and day out. Now, go get some!!!
2015 02 08